- Prepare recruiting packets with information on all programs, including your name and contact information. Include the name and contact information for all program chairs as well. Make sure to include any updated materials (print, video, etc.) that may have been distributed at the National Conference/CISV In Motion in October.
- Distribute recruiting packets at school recruiting meetings and other recruiting opportunities. E-mail packets to all correct age candidates listed in the Chapter database, and others as identified.
- Prepare a master calendar of the recruiting meetings to present to the Chapter board at the November meeting. Assign a board member or past member to attend each meeting.
- Set up general recruiting information meetings at libraries, churches, or other facilities and publicize them to prospective applicants. Make sure that there are program chairs, past delegates, and knowledgeable families in attendance to speak about their experiences.
- Organize recruiting packets as needed for distribution both in hard copy and electronically. Packets should include information sheets on the Village, Junior Counselor, Step Up, Interchange, Seminar Camp, and Youth Meeting programs for which your Chapter is recruiting this year. Include recruiting sheets for leaders in the Village, Step Up, and Interchange recruiting packets. The leader recruiting sheets should include selection dates and times, since leaders are expected to participate in selection.
- Distribute recruiting information to all members via e-mail and the Chapter website.
- Prepare a brief outline for the recruiting information meetings (welcome, CISV background and history, etc.), and a list of the materials needed at each meeting. Provide materials to the families and the board member attending each recruiting meeting. Instruct the board member to provide a sign-in sheet at each recruiting meeting to get the names and addresses of attendees.
- Prepare a brief report at the completion of the recruiting meetings to outline changes or suggestions for the next chair. Prepare a notebook or electronic file of all materials to turn over to the next chair.
- Attend local Chapter and board meetings when available.