The CISV Columbus Chapter is pleased to announce the activation of the Christopher Barge/Columbus Scholarship Fund. Chris Barge and his family were members of the Northwest Ohio CISV Chapter. After Chris was killed in a car accident, a scholarship fund was created in his name. When the NWO Chapter merged with Columbus in 2012, the scholarship money was transferred to the Columbus Scholarship Fund.
By providing a scholarship, we hope a child who otherwise could not experience a CISV program, will become an active global citizen and a local role model in CISV and in the community.
One delegate of a family who is new to CISV will be awarded $500.00 from this scholarship fund. Additionally, the fees to the Columbus Chapter will be waived. The family will be responsible for the local membership fee to join CISV Columbus and for the balance of expenses for the program.
Application/selection for scholarship and application/selection for the chosen program are separate forms and separate processes. The scholarship committee members will only review the financial need provided in the application. They will not attend Selection Day. Furthermore, the Selection Committee members who review the program application and references and observe and interview the applicants on Selection Day will not have any knowledge of scholarship applicants.
Process for Scholarship:
- Complete the CISV Columbus Scholarship application and return it to the Scholarship Chairperson, Lynn Vottero, by February 3rd.
- The application information will be reviewed by three local long-time CISV members. Only the scholarship committee chairperson and members will have access to this confidential information.
- These members will provide their recommendation to Lynn Vottero prior to the board meeting when delegates are approved.
- The only board members to have knowledge of the scholarship recipient will be the Scholarship Chairperson, the Program Chairperson and the Treasurer.
- Please send all materials and any questions to Lynn Vottero: Cbus.Scholarshipchair@cisvusa.org.